I feel a lot different today than I did yesterday. If you read my last entry and read between the lines you will know what I mean. If you don't then it's not important.
Unexpected changes happen all the time. You try to be prepared for them, or I do anyway.. It still takes me off guard though.
I never did post pictures from Valentines Day. We baked cookies and decorated them and it was a great day full of laughs and love.
The cookies before we frosted them. Some of them were dark around the edges. Also I lost my heart shaped cookie cutter in the move so we just made them round but they were filled with love anyway :)
We didn't have red food coloring for the frosting but we had red jelly beans. I thought if I put them in the microwave and melted them we could dye to frosting red but it didn't work. It just made it kind of orange looking. I thought it was a genius idea anyway ;)
Prada wanted to help with the decorating!! Awwwwwww......
She really just wanted to nibble.
The finished product! We're still eating them. Of course the day wouldn't be complete without Tee doing something silly. She made a perverted cookie just for her.. lol
It was a good day. Good memories. Those are the times that get you through the challenging times right?
I am grateful for
1. My daughter and the love she gives me unconditionally.
2. My friends and their support and love.
3. My Xena Blu and her constant attention.
4. My sister and the close relationship we have today.
5. Having a Higher Power that I can rely on every minute of every day.
6. Being back in Alanon.
7. My laptop and the constant connection it gives me to loved ones.
8. Long baths with a good book.
9. Tae Bo!!!
10. Beautiful Sunsets and the Havasu weather right now.