Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Again

It looks like spring has hit here in Lake Havasu City. The first hint is that the sun is setting and rising at different times. I used to drive to my job in Kingman in the dark and then come home in the dark at 6pm. Now it's light when I go and light when I'm coming home. Makes me happy.

The second hint of spring here in Lake Havasu is that there are bikini clad girls everywhere and people with suitcases of beer and shopping carts filled with liquor in the store aisles. It's crazy with college kids wanting to escape the cold climates and come to where the sun always shines.

There is now a third element to spring that I have noticed. The travel industry is absolutely insanely busy and I am having a hell of time keeping up with it. Ever the perfectionist, I want the cars to be sparkling before I rent them and to get it all right with the sales deals. It's not happening. I am spread too thin and the numbers are growing consistently since I started, but I'm losing my patience and my enthusiasm for this job. I am exhausted, partly due to lack of iron in my blood and partly due to working so hard.

I had a talk with one of my bosses and was pretty much told to take it easy in Kingman and to let some things go. We'll see how that works out. It is really hard for me to sit back and do nothing. It's also nearly impossible to read or study when the phone is constantly ringing with people wanting cars when none of them are ready. I don't like rushing out to get a car ready after it's already rented. It's annoying. I am going to need help if it continues to be this busy. I am not super human, I am human and there is only so much I can do.

I also am not sure if I'm going to pursue my BA right away. There are several reasons why but I won't get into that here. I think I may just focus on making money and living life with Trina and our critters. Things are still great between us. I feel like I never have enough time with her but I think most couples struggle with the time issue. I knew there would come a day that we would appreciate all the time we had together for the first years we lived here, now is that time.

So, life is good, work is stressful and spring is here. I can't believe it's been a year since I had a spring break from my own college semester. My how things have changed.

No comments: