Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday ~Hot and Creamy New Recipe

I'm trying this out today. It sounds delicious and it's low calorie if you eat it in moderation :) I'll try to do that but it will be difficult



Hot and Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip


Ingredients

16 oz Daisy Lite sour cream
8 oz pkg. Great Value 1/3 less fat than cream cheese (neufchatel), softened
3 TB butter (not lite, it won't taste right)
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
(I like Roland brand at Walmart) NOT MARINATED ONES!!!
10 oz pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry (don't go insane trying to get all the water out, its not that big of a deal)
8 servings of reduced fat parmesan style topping (Kraft)

Nutritional Info


Fat: 4.3g
Carbohydrates: 3.1g
Calories:60.9
Protein: 2.3g



Melt your butter in a saucepan. Add drained and chopped artichoke hearts and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.

Add cream cheese, sour cream, and Parmesan. Mix well. Add garlic salt to taste. Reduce heat and stir occasionally until heated through and thickened. Remove from heat. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

2 TB= 1 serving

I am guess-timating here on the amount of serving sizes. You will probably eat more than 2 TB, its really good!!! Make a double batch and keep warm in your crockpot for a crowd!!



Number of Servings: 30

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KATSAMCAMSMOM.




GO CARDINALS GO CARDINALS GO CARDINALS GO CARDINALS GO CARDINALS GO CARDINALS

Provided by FLMNetwork.com

10 comments:

BenB said...

Sounds wonderful! But I'm making homemade guacamole with all kinds of spicy chiles in it - love that stuff! Just stopping into say hi - and - Go Steelers! lol

greeneyes67 said...

No No No!! Go Cardinals!!! We are sooo winning this one :)

Sunny said...

THAT'S A FACT! THE CARDINALS ARE GOING TO WIN THIS SUPERBOWL, 2009!

GO CARDINALS! YEA! YEA! YEA!

Heheee, don't eat too much munchies! I won't be munchying any more than usual, and that's not much!

I still have 10 to 15 pounds to lose.............I know 'one thing' and that's IF I could only stop eating...... the 2 slices of Kraft American Cheese every noon, I could drop some weight!

Hugs, and happy Superbowl day, GO CARDINALS! :)

Xanadu said...

That recipe does sound good. I love any kind of spinach/artichoke dip. No don' overdo it! lol. (I lost the 2 pounds I had gained back!) I'm not a sports fan, but am rootng for the Cardinals as well. Hugs.

becomingkate said...

I hope your team wins!

Doug said...

Spinach AND artichokes? Eww squared :-)

SunTiger said...

ADDED TO MY DARK CHOCOLATE BAR instead of slathering on peanut-butter:

Fat: 4,984.3g
Carbohydrates: 3,913.1g
Calories:60,269.9
Protein: 2.3g

Unknown said...

I won't eat lite or fat free stuff - it's really not any better for you unless you're eating a ton of starchy, nasty sugar laden stuff with it. I will try that recipe with the full fat, baby! Hey I heard the Steelers are the favorites but I don't like football much. Good luck!

Fijufic said...

It sure was a good game....

BenB said...

It was a great game - I loved it, a nail-biter to the very end.