Saturday, February 7, 2009

Can't Think of a Title



Do you think of a title for your post before you write it or after? I try to come up with one before but it's been hard for me to do that this morning. Sometimes I just sit and don't write because I'm busy thinking of a title.

This picture is my daughter and I in August of 1988. I was so skinny! I wish I could get that thin again but it's not gonna happen. I won't tell you what I was doing to be that skinny.. It was bad. I'll never go that route again :) I was 21 years young here and having a fabulous time with all the friends and parties and life. But I wouldn't go back there for anything. I'll just stay here thank you very much.

I scanned about 50 or 60 pictures yesterday. I looked at hundreds.. We have a lot of pictures and quite frankly I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them. Some are really fading. It's sad. I found pictures of my Mom I had forgotten about. I can't wait to scan and share them with my family. I have a few picked out to get duplicated and put in frames for presents. That's my favorite kind of present.

I'm still not wanting to blog much. I'm on facebook a lot lately. I was so surprised to get a message from an old best friend that I haven't talked to in about 13 years! We got on the phone and talked for over an hour two days ago. I have missed her a lot through the years and have been thinking of her for about a month. Then she found me!! It's very cool to be in touch after all this time. We have quite a history. I pointed her in this direction so she'll be reading my blog too. It's really exciting.

I've missed all of you and you may have noticed me popping in and commenting again finally. I am hoping to get back on here at least an hour a day. Life is surprisingly busy right now and it's a really good thing.

No new news really, we are finally having the estate sale we have needed to have for so long. In two weeks. So we're getting ready for that. Hopefully we make lots of $$. We found an old video of Tee's Grandparents from when they first built this house and were settling and all the furniture was in exactly the same place as when Grandma died! That was 20something years ago too. It's time to sell it all and get our own stuff.

My weight loss and fitness journey continues. I gained a pound at my weigh in this past Wednesday, depressing! But today I'm down again. I have been really cutting my carbs lately and it seems to be helping. Plus I'm still working out 6 days a week. I wish my body was like it was back in my 20's and 30's. I had no problem dropping weight. All I have left is about 9 pounds and it just keeps hanging on for dear life!

Hope you are all having a great weekend. It's just beginning for me. 8:00 am on Saturday morning and all is quiet and well.. Happy Saturday everyone.

10 comments:

Dorrie said...

I've been missing you!

I don't care much for facebook. I see so many friends there, writing one sentence nonsense stuff... not really entries. And all those games! I don't have the extra time to play them so I end up ignoring them... and feel bad about it.

That's exciting about the video... what fun!

Xanadu said...

I'm with Dorrie on the Facebook thing. Not my cup of tea. You look awesome in that picture. Having an estate sale is lots of work. Did that when my dad sold his house and moved to an assisted living care facility. What a job. My parents had been in their house for about 40 years, so there was lots of stuff that needed to be gone through. Mostly clutter. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

Dorrie said...

oh, I forgot to say that I TRY to think of a title BEFORE my entry...it can always be changed before hitting "publish" ;-)

Sammi said...

What a cute picture! Look at that SMILE!! :)

greeneyes67 said...

Dorrie: I know, it's pretty simple over there and I like simple right now. I like the games too. I guess I'm still online, just not here as much.

Xanadu: Yes, it's sooo much work.

Sammi: Thank you! Look at that 80's hair!!! lol

Doug said...

I go into Facebook once a day or so, but I ignore the applications. I stay logged into Blogger most of the time, but with busy weekends and talking on the phone I fall way behind in reading blogd, and I dont post like I used to.

Have a great Sunday, GE!

greeneyes67 said...

You have a good one too Doug... I am way behind myself. Life just takes over sometimes right?

Pamela said...

Yah I'm a Facebook addict. I have found so many old friends through there, and it's so easy to keep in touch and share pix, videos, and all that fun stuff. My husband's huge family is all on FB, and it's a snap to keep family in the loop!

Make sure you keep a couple of things/pieces from Grandma. It's important to have an heirloom or two!

greeneyes67 said...

We will keep some things Pam but most of it we're selling. Time to move forward..

Sunny said...

Cute picture of you and daughter!!

I was skinny in all my years except for these last couple when I have had to take "weight-producing" medicines.


I don't care for FaceBook either. Too open and besides I have all these blog s to keep updated, and blogs to read and comment in, oh my! (LOL )

Love and hugs!

~Judy