Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting the Hang of This

Photobucket

My daughter with her new John Lennon poster at Christmas.

Well, I'm getting the hang of this place and I like it! I miss the homepage but I'll deal.

I joined Facebook last night and it's pretty cool too! I love their homepage. Makes me feel like I'm on Journalspace kinda. I have found some of my old friends already from JS and in life. Awesome.

I am resting from my workout right now. Whew! Doing good, lost another half pound yesterday. Hope it wasn't just water weight.

Forest asked about my sister so I thought I'd write about her for a minute. She is recovering well from her surgery but her marriage is another story. It's been rocky since the moment she found out and we have both been talking to each other a lot for support. They took a trip to Vegas for New Years which is also her wedding anniversary. He quit his job and has not made any contact with the woman he cheated with (as far as she knows). She wants to work it out so we are all being supportive but I can't help but be a little angry at him for breaking my little sisters heart.

It's hard for her. It's so much betrayal but she is really being strong. Working on herself. She has lost a ton of weight because of the stress but she knows she needed to anyway. We have been talking about taking a trip to WVA this summer to see my Dad's family. My brother wants to go too. I think it would be really cool.

OK, time to read some blogs and get moving around here. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday...

25 comments:

Xanadu said...

It's nice that you can be there for support for your sister, during this stressful time. That trip sounds like it'll be awesome! Hugs.

greeneyes67 said...

I think it will be Xanadu. I haven't seen my cousins since I was a teenager. My sister and I have really worked to be closer. I am so happy to have her in my life :)

old solider said...

hope everything works out for your sister.if not i"ll pass you a baseball bat.does wonders for the knees when applied correctly

Before 10 said...

thanks for the update.
i hope you guys do get to take that trip!

greeneyes67 said...

Ha Ha!! She was always good with the bat too! Hit home runs and grand slams all the time :)

greeneyes67 said...

Forest: I hope we do too!

Dani said...

Take the trip.
Your page looks awesome. I haven't figured out how to 'do' anything around here yet. Lookin' good! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Okay, I need help, GE! What do I do and how do I get there to fix this?!

greeneyes67 said...

Let me find the instructions. All I can do is post them in your journal and hopefully it will help. I'll get it to you in the next hour or so ok??

greeneyes67 said...

You need to let me know if you have Windows Vista or XP.

Anonymous said...

Morning. I know with surgery one recovers or not but infidelity is another ball game entirely. I would walk, honestly. Personally.

Anonymous said...

Morning. I know with surgery one recovers or not but infidelity is another ball game entirely. I would walk, honestly. Personally.

greeneyes67 said...

I know what you mean Maggs. I worry for her. But he has begged her to stay. I know he realized he messed up, I just hope he's not playing her.

Country-Girl said...

Big hugs for your Sister. It is a tough road, but I know people who have had a better marriage after that stuff.

Your daughter is such a cutie!! I bet she is a lot of fun to hang out with!


I sure wish I could use my JS layouts here. Likeisaid (Betty) made me some awesome ones. *sigh*



Thanks for finding me on Facebook! WOO HOO!!! I like the games they have there. :-)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I probably wont hardly ever update here. But, I made an account since quite a few of you keep contacting me asking me too.

I'll catch up on reading very soon.

I hope you're well, darling.

Anonymous said...

It is nice being able to read you again.
You are a good sister and mother.

Anonymous said...

good to see you blogging here!

SunTiger said...

I'm so glad you found my profile on
FaceBook. {Yayness.} I think, with time, you'll like blogspot much better than JS . . . no crashes, no slow uploads, the site is always here when you want to blog; more!

greeneyes67 said...

I am so excited that so many of you have found me. I have really missed you and I feel like my family is all together now :)

Linda said...

Good for you on the workouts! I'm doing really good too with working out and nutrition. I'm on Spark too! I'm loving Facebook..the home page is awesome and I feel connected again!

becomingkate said...

Yanno, I always said I'd leave someone if they cheated - but now that I'm older, I'm not sure. I really feel for her!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and your sister are getting closer.

I'm also very happy for her that you are supporting her, and not pressuring her to walk away. Dealing with infidelity is tough enough without having to feel like you need to 'protect' the one who hurt you. I know. Been there, done that. We were able to work it through. It took a lot of work and commitment to the relationship, though.

Anyway, I am thinking of moving my main journal over here, too... We'll see.

Take care- Gina

Doug said...

Stopping by to say hello. I have been spending much of my time bouncing between Blogspot and the forum and my own blog. I'm trying to get caught up, but I have a lot of blogs in my list :-)

Keep up the good work(out) GE :-)

Moanerplicity said...

I have accounts all over the place. Each has their own pros & cons. Facebook lacks the ability to create your own look for your page. And I don't need to know which one of my friends sent another one 'gift'... feels a lil too Big Brotherish to me.

Multiply will often not transfer photo codes for comments, and it's very slow loading pages.

Tagged seems like a pick up spot.

Myspace is crazy, but I've made some good connections there.

I could go on & one... but I'm just glad I found YOU here!


One.

Lin

greeneyes67 said...

Awww, I feel so loved by all of you. I will try to catch up today but I'm way behind :(