Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hunting

Like so many Americans are doing, I am job hunting. It is time consuming and somewhat frustrating to look for work in any city, let alone a small one like Lake Havasu. I know I will be working soon and that is kind of depressing too. I am going to school so I can have a career and not just a job. I will be working and doing just a job again soon. I am grateful to have so much experience to offer and so many great professional references. I have not burned bridges in my working life.

My mentor and first real employer sent me a graduation announcement for her daughter. I can’t believe it’s been 18 years since she was born. I was working for her when she was born. Time flies and it just keeps flying by. It’s amazing to me how fast it’s moving. Anyway, this little girl is now a beautiful young graduate and she will be in college soon. It is wonderful to see her accomplish her goals. I love her like my own daughter. I miss my family.

So, now I prepare my resume and fax/cover sheet and I’m applying for a job renting cars. It is a job I could do in my sleep but I’m grateful for any opportunity right now that isn’t slinging greasy hamburgers on a grill. I just need some money. It’s a start.

No comments: