Saturday, May 28, 2011

Detachment

Today's meeting was on detachment. What a timely topic for me. I have spent a good portion of my life detached from myself and others and have needed to learn how to be present and in the moment. The rest of my life was spent taking care of people that needed to learn how to take care of themselves. It truly is an art to learn what is mine and what is theirs.

I think I became a caretaker later in life, I certainly wasn't brought up to be one. My Mom took care of all my needs but when it came to emotional fulfillment I was on my own. I'm grateful that I have learned to feel what I am feeling and to allow others to have their own emotions. What a great lesson that has been.

We made enough money yesterday to take care of one small issue, now we have to work on getting the rest of it. It's happening. The universe is taking care of us. I'm so grateful for everything I have learned this week. I have had an amazing week and can honestly say I love my life.

4 comments:

Dorrie said...

darn, no "like" button here ;-)

E. M. Prokop said...

I am so glad you have a pop-out comment box! Blogger is still not allowing me to post comments on the regular comment pages....at any rate, I can totally relate to this post. I have spent a lifetime taking care of others and just now, at my age!, I'm learning to allow people to take care of themselves.
You're so right, it is an art to learn what's mine and what's theirs. They need their own feelings and I need mine.
Life is good!

Anonymous said...

I well understand the cross over ebtween what is theirs and what is mine and that dilemma. Nurturers often have that issue. The living present in the moment thought, is a discussion I had with my daughter last night...

greeneyes67 said...

I love the feedback you guys. I'm working hard on the detachment issue. The line gets muddy sometimes.