Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quiet Sunday Morning

Photobucket

I am enjoying the morning. It's quiet in here. No TV, the only sounds are my own. I like that. It's my time. I read my meditation book and it was on letting go. That's always been a hard one for me. Once I'm friends with someone I have a hard time letting go. Or else I just shut myself off completely. It's always one extreme or the other. I am trying to find a balance.

This picture is of my brother and I back in October. His 38th birthday is today!! It really makes me feel old now that my siblings are approaching 40. I am the oldest so you'd think I'd feel that way already but I haven't. I can't believe my little brother is getting up there with me! I am so proud of him. He teaches English at a high school in Phoenix. He has been sober for two years already!!! What an amazing gift recovery is.

You see all the fat around my middle in that picture? It's gone now. Almost completely. I was about 12 pounds heavier there. I seem to have gained just in my midsection this time around. Some in my arms and face too. Well, I am not sad to see that go. Actually this picture is what made me see how fat I was getting. I looked at it and said "That is not what I look like"!!! My brother goes "UH, yes that is you!" Thanks a lot little brother!! lol

It made me get off my butt and start doing something though. I can't let myself get in the danger zone. There is too much obesity in my family.. I have to start getting healthy now. So that's what I'm doing.

I did work out yesterday and it hurt like hell too! Today I am resting my muscles. I think we'll probably watch football. The Cardinals won last night! Woo Hoo! We kicked their butts 33 to 13. It was an amazing game. Go CARDINALS!!! Superbowl bound for sure :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...

22 comments:

Dorrie said...

I have trouble believing my kids are both over 30!! aarrrgghhhh

greeneyes67 said...

Oh My God I don't even want to think about that!! My daughter is 22 and it blows my mind. I can't imagine them getting over 30.

becomingkate said...

It freaked me out when Jamie turned 20!

greeneyes67 said...

I know what you mean. Our kids and siblings just keep getting older. Stop already!!!

Xanadu said...

Yep, I agree with the others. I can't believe Jamie is 25 already. Makes me feel old. And, Ralph is the youngest of his siblings, and he turns 60 this Summer. ACK! lol. Have a great Sunday. Hugs.

greeneyes67 said...

It's so weird. Getting older is such a trip.

Lunamor said...

I saw your Cards won - how exciting!

And congrats on the weight loss...I am trying so hard. Like you, I saw pics of myself over the holidays and I thought, damn, that's really me? OUCH! I hope I can do as well as you have!

greeneyes67 said...

You can do it!! You have to have a plan though. I was working out for months without changing my eating habits and it didn't help with losing pounds. I had to focus on both to make a difference. Good Luck Luna!

Anonymous said...

Cynical thought of the day ---'

You can tell it is January because of all the blogs about diet and exercise.

This is NOT a slam at you. It just makes me smile. Dozens of blogs are nothing but the number of squat thrusts or bench presses done this week.

Let's go read 'em in October.

Again, NOT a slam or denigration of your efforts and results. You go girl [as they say]. fin

greeneyes67 said...

I know what you mean. It makes me smile too. I actually started awhile ago so New Years had nothing to do with it. It is pretty funny all the commercials I see for weight loss products and such.. lol

Anonymous said...

My daughter just turned 26- Weirdness! I like growing older though. It's another adventure to me.

Good job on your weight loss. Totally awesome! I think you look beautiful regardless, though. *smiling*

Take care- Gina

Anonymous said...

I think we need an after picture. Good for you in working what you didn;t want, off.. Happy birthday to your brother as well. maggs

gingerbread said...

hey you... do me a favor and email me sometime

jengish2003@yahoo.com

Kandy said...

My son will be 16 in a few months and that freaks me out a little. Of course, I have an infant to keep me busy though. I htink the thing that bothers me the most is to watch my parents grow older. It's so hard to believe that they are in their 60's already.

LearningLifelong said...

a lot of getting older takes place in the mind. no one has to be old unless they think they are!

have a great sunday! :-)

prettytrini said...

Happy Birthday to your bro!! :) Proud of him for being sober. Glad that you're losing weight...enjoy what's left of the weekend!!!!!!!!! :)

Doug said...

All this talk about flab and age, they kind of go together, eh? I don't plan on working out, but I hope to start riding my bicycle this spring.

Oh, and my boys will be 24 and 28 this year...

BonnieBehave said...

Willie's turning 8 tomorrow. I know, it's still young, but I already feel the time slipping away. Life is wacky.

greeneyes67 said...

Awww, I feel so loved with all the positive comments! I hope to keep reading all of you this week but I'm going to be kinda busy. We have some stuff going on...

Sunny said...

Happy Birthday to your brother :) You two look marvelous!

KUDOS to you for the weight loss!!
I'm still trying, but with meds that make me gain, it's double hard!

Quiet Time...something I love. :)

Love ya , hugs!

~Judy

Before 10 said...

congrats to your brother for being sober for 2 years!!

Cin said...

Happy Birthday to your bro.I always thought you were around 36 or so yourself.I carry almost all of my weight in my stomach and some in my face as well.I hate it.I wish I could take some of the fat out of my stomach and put some into my bum! lol..